Husband Appreciation Day
National Husband Appreciation Day is coming soon. It is observed every year on the third Saturday in April. This year it falls on April 15, 2023.
In honor of Husband Appreciation Day, I want to give a shoutout to my amazing husband, John. He is always there to support me, make me laugh, and lend a helping hand. I am so grateful for all that he does and for the love that we share. Happy Husband Appreciation Day, John!
P.S. check out the photos to see what John is currently doing. He’s really working hard just because I thought the sidewalk had a slope issue.
So this is just a heads up to all you spouses out there with your own amazing husband. Be sure to tell him how special he is. You want to make him a grilled cheese sandwich. Guess why…..
National Grilled Cheese Day is April 12
National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day is celebrated every year on April 12th. It’s a day to celebrate and enjoy the delicious comfort food that is the grilled cheese sandwich.
I suggest you try making a grilled cheese sandwich with your favorite type of cheese and bread, and perhaps adding some extra ingredients like bacon, tomato, or avocado for added flavor. Experimenting with different combinations can be a fun and tasty experience!
I’ve included one of my favorite grilled cheese recipes below.
April 18 @ 5pm is Chicken Tamale with Salsa Verde class.
April 20 @ 12 noon is Traditional Bread baking and Butter Churning.
April 22 @ 1 pm is Fermenting class.
April 25 @ 12 noon is Spaghetti Aglio e Olio and is a full meal making class.
April 28 @ 4 pm is Pate a Choux pastry class making cream puffs.
April 30 @ 1pm is Rock your POT! An electric pressure cooker class making a full meal.
May 2 @ 5:15 pm is Scones class.
May 4 @ 12 noon is Knife Skills class.
May 5 @ 5:15 pm is Date Night: Scallops and Wine.
Just a few of the classes coming up. Click here to see the full calendar.
Our Grab n Go meals are great quick meal bowls and offer chef cooked meals at an affordable price. You can order them hot or cold for a meal later. Here’s what is on the menu this week. Click here to go to our webpage that has the constantly updated current menu.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 gridle or large skillet
- 1 pancake turner spatula
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 rubber mixing spatula
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 8 oz shredded cheddar or swap for colby, monteray jack, muenster, or provolone.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 2 tbsp pimentos optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt don't put all in at once. add half and taste, everyone is different when it comes to salt.
- 10-12 slices favorite bread Italian, French, sourdough, even regular white bread works.
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- In bowl stir together cheeses, mayo, pimento (if using), and garlic salt.
- Divide mixture onto six slices of bread. Top with six more slices.
- Butter both sides of all six sandwiches.
- Heat the griddle or skillet and cook both sides to golden brown, 3-4 minutes each.