Kids’ Foodie Bootcamp Day long event
Designed for young people, aged 12 to 17.
This daylong is designed for young people who are interested in engaging in a deeper understanding of food mastery. Skills learned are Food Safety, Basic and Intermediate Culinary Skills, Basic Knife Skills, Kitchen Etiquette, and Self-Esteem. Don’t pack a lunch, they are making all three meals of the day to enjoy.
Topics covered as the day (and their skills) progress:
- Knife Skills and Food and Kitchen Safety: To provide a sound foundation for future lessons, students will learn safe use of a stovetop, basic kitchen conduct, terminology, and knife skills. They will be making a light breakfast for themselves.
- Introduction to Baking and Pan Frying: Lightly engages the students in foundation skills for baking (proper way to measure, how to crack eggs, not overworking certain doughs) and for pan frying (how to properly heat the pan, adding oil, when to flip, safety).
- Food Safety and Pastry: Students learn to avoid contamination of foodborne illness. Additionally, they learn more delicate baking methods. They will be making their lunch.
- More advanced Knife Skills and Fruit/Vegetables: Peeling potatoes and cubing them, peeling apples and slicing them are part of this session. As is making a basic vinaigrette.
- Young Chef Skills Demonstration: Students will be planning and making a full meal that demonstrates their progressive learning throughout the day. One adult per student has the option to join the class ($18 for this ticket) at the end and dinner is served!
Use the Book Now button below to book this daylong bootcamp that is from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, with any participating adults arriving for the end of the day meal prepared by their young chefs at 4:00 pm.
Students aged 12-17: $220
Adult attending day’s end meal: $18