A yummy Southern cheese that is great on sammies, as a veggy dip, on crackers, and more. Easy to make and always a hit!
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded small
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c mayonnaise ideally Duke's is the brand used
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 T onion finely minced
- 4 oz jarred pimento drained and chopped
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno optional, deseeded & finely minced
- 8 green olives optional, finely chopped
- 1/4 t cayenne powder optional
Place everything in stand mixer and beat at medium until blended.Makes about two cups.
I like to make this in two styles. To do that, I make a full batch with just the first eight ingredients. Then, remove half. This is your mild version. I then add half of the remining ingredients to the remaining cheese in the mixer bowl, blend and you have a version that bites a bit and with the saltier, umami flavor that olives bring, which I prefer.
Remember to use only half:
4 olives, 1/4 jalapeno, 1/8 t cayenne
If you decide to add extra olives than noted, keep in mind that they will bring extra saltiness to the cheese.