Kids: Young Chef Cooking Series
Designed for young people, aged 10 to 16.
This series of classes is designed for young people who are interested in engaging in a deeper understanding of food mastery. Skills learned are Food Safety, Basic Culinary Skills, Basic Knife Skills, Kitchen Etiquette, and Self-Esteem. Students do not need to register for all the classes at the same time. But they must complete them in order of the series. There is a special price break for registering for the whole series. If using the price break, the sessions must be in a row. Each session 1 through 4 is $40, session 5 is $55 – Register for all five: $195.
- Knife Skills and Food and Kitchen Safety: To provide a sound foundation for future lessons, students will learn safe use of a stovetop, basic kitchen conduct, terminology, and knife skills.
- Introduction to Baking and Pan Frying: This session lightly engages the students in foundation skills for baking (proper way to measure, how to crack eggs, not overworking certain doughs) and for pan frying (how to properly heat the pan, adding oil, when to flip, safety).
- Food Safety and Pastry: Students will learn to avoid contamination of foodborne illness. Additionally, they will learn more delicate baking methods.
- More advanced Knife Skills and Fruit/Vegetables: Peeling potatoes and cubing them, peeling apples and slicing them are part of this session. As is making a basic vinaigrette.
- Young Chef Skills Demonstration: In this fifth and final session. Students will be planning and making a full meal that demonstrates their progressive learning over the previous 4 young chef sessions. One adult per student has the option to join the class ($15 for this ticket) at the end and dinner is served!
Use the Book Now button below to book the whole series. Alternatively go back to the Kid’s Cooking Class main page to select specific courses as listed above.
Kids aged 10-16: $195 for full series.
Adult attending session 5 meal: $15